A brief history
In 1526 an inn was built on this site and although the original structure has been altered and added to at different intervals, part of the current building dates back to the 16th century.
The house was first licensed to sell ales in 1685 but was not originally known as 'The Swan'. For most of the 1700's and early 1800's, the establishment included a bakery and was known as 'The Millers Arms', 'The Myllers Arms' on the Greene' and in 1771 'Honest Tom's after its Landlord Thomas Oliver. It was in 1852, under new ownership when kept by a wheelwright, that the pub was registered as 'The Swan'.
In 2000 the establishment was altered again to include 'The Swan Micro-brewery' from where we brew our own range of cask conditioned beers.